This page includes important information for California Community Colleges implementing the CVC Exchange, including college documentation and support materials. Information is organized by functional user groups and is continuously updated.
Your college’s students can take courses on the CVC Exchange, reaching their educational goals faster. They will apply directly to the teaching college and can take up to two Exchange courses per term.
- Canvas Trust relationship
- Share Canvas API key
- Must be on the SSO Proxy
- eTranscript – receive transcripts
- Nice to have: Store student CCCIDs in your SIS (This is not a requirement as the student is able to create or recover their ID through the Tech Center ID trap if the ID is not passed as a SAML attribute.)
FA: Sign the FA agreement; receives email notifications when a home college student has applied to a Teaching College and indicates that they want to pay using FA; facilitate bundling student Teaching College units into their FA award at the Home College.
A&R: Home college manually validates residency via the Admin Panel for home college students who have registered for a Teaching College’s CVC Exchange course.
In addition to the above, your college’s online courses are now on CVC Exchange and available to other college’s students. Seat counts are live and read from your SIS in real-time. Students will still complete a full application to your college when they take one of your college’s CVC Exchange courses.
IT: College connects their course schedule data to Course Finder using a read-only API integration (including live seat counts) – some small scripts/code put in place for each SIS (Colleague must be on Ethos).
Note: An optional, pre-phase 1 step to get your college’s courses quickly available and searchable on CVC Exchange, involves uploading a CSV of your online courses to the CVC Exchange website. However, this is not required for Phase 1 as the main goal is API configuration for live course information.
FA: Same as above
A&R: Same as above
Student experience is now more automated and equitable with instantaneous cross-enrollment. Instead of completing a full teaching college application, a student’s home college information (including residency) pre-populates the fields of an abbreviated enrollment form and seat counts and course information are updated in real-time from the Teaching College’s SIS.
Note: The description above assumes that both the Home College and the Teaching College are on Cross Enrollment (Phase 2).
- Install more custom database scripts for each SIS and connection to POST APIs for course registration and student enrollment information. (Ethos schools do not require any scripts to be installed.)
- CVC Exchange connects to colleges’ payment gateways to process student payments.
- eTranscript – send transcripts must be implemented (receiving transcripts was the only requirement in the Home College Readiness phase above)
FA: Same as above
A&R: Residency validation is now automated and is read from the Home College’s SIS and displays in the Abbreviated Enrollment Record (AER) form
- Payment processing
- May need to manage payment “gap” if the student pays for CVC Exchange course and/or residency is different than reported (A&R)