CVC Exchange: International Students

CVC Exchange: International Students

The CVC Exchange allows California Community College students to easily find and register in online courses at other California Community Colleges. As an international, there are additional steps you must take in order to access the Exchange.

International/F-1 students may concurrently enroll in two different SEVIS-approved schools at one time as long as the combined enrollment amounts to a full time course of study. If you intend to enroll in a course at another California Community College, your current Home College must approve the enrollment request and update your Form I-20.

international students stock image

Interested in enrolling in a course offered by another college?

Before using the CVC Exchange, you must:

  1. Receive approval and an updated I-20 from your Home College.
  2. Provide a copy of their updated I-20 to the Teaching College if applicable.
  3. Pay all required nonresident fees at the Teaching College.


Registering for concurrent enrollment without the appropriate approvals may jeopardize your immigrant standing as an international/F-1 student.