CVC Exchange: Adult Learners
The CVC Exchange allows California Community College students to easily find and register in online courses at other California Community Colleges. As an adult learner, there are additional steps you must take in order to access the Exchange.
Interested in taking a community college course through the CVC Exchange?
The following steps must be followed in order so that you get access to the benefits associated with dual enrollment even though you are already taking courses at a California Community College:
- Ensure you have the recommendation of the administrator of your adult school or noncredit program.
- Apply to the community college of your choice using CCCApply.
- Work with your Adult Education program counselor regarding the college’s dual enrollment application process.
Using the CVC Exchange without following the steps above may result in:
- Paying additional fees
- Being denied access to classes or dropped from them
- Taking classes that are not authorized to fulfill your high school graduation requirements
You can find more information about your local community college’s process using the dropdown menu below.