CVC Exchange: Dual Enrollment Students

CVC Exchange: Dual Enrollment Students

The CVC Exchange allows California Community College students to easily find and register in online courses at other California Community Colleges. As a high school student (also known a dual enrollment student), there are additional steps you must take in order to access the Exchange.

dual enrollment stock image

Interested in taking a community college course?

Before you enroll in a college course, you must:

  1. Ensure you have permission from your parents/guardians who will need to sign your dual enrollment forms.
  2. Make an appointment with your high school counselor, who will also need to give permission. Additionally, your counselor will know the local rules and regulations, and the community collegs your high school typically works with.
  3. Work with your high school counselor to get approvals for each of the colleges where you plan to take courses.


Using the CVC Exchange without the following steps may result in:

  • Paying additional fees
  • Being denied access to classes or dropped from them
  • Taking classes that are not authorized to fulfill your high school graduation requirements

You can find more information about your local community college’s dual enrollment process using the dropdown menu below.