The CVC Exchange Cross Enrollment Link (ExCEL) gives you greater access to online courses by allowing you to register in online classes at another California community college without filling out a separate application! You can search for courses using a variety of criteria such as IGETC and CSU GE requirements, course name, and start date.

Is my college participating?

There are currently six colleges participating:

  • American River College
  • Cosumnes River College
  • De Anza College
  • Folsom Lake College
  • Foothill College
  • Sacramento City College

If you do not currently attend one of these colleges, you are encouraged to search for online classes using our Finish Faster Online course finder.

Can I take advantage of ExCEL?

If you are registered for at least one credit course at one of the six participating colleges, you are eligible for ExCEL. You need to also meet the following requirements:

  • Have at least a 2.0 GPA or not yet established a GPA at the Home College
  • Have no outstanding fees at the Home College
  • Not belong to any of the following restricted student categories:
    • High school dual enrollment
    • Vacation or visitor visas (B1 Visas)
    • Incarcerated
    • Out of state address on file at Home College

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you can still search for classes using our Finish Faster Online course finder.

How do I search and register for classes?

You will be prompted to enter your college credentials (username and password) on the log in screen above. Once you have done so, you will be able to search for courses.

Does my priority registration status count at the Teaching College?

Cross enrollment is only available during the participating colleges’ open registration period; therefore, all eligible students regardless of priority status have equal access and opportunity to register for courses.

Will my financial aid transfer to the Teaching College?

All participating colleges have signed a Federal Financial Aid Consortium Agreement, so students enrolled in two different colleges may be able to receive federal and state financial aid funds based on combined units taken at both colleges. To check your status, please contact your Home College’s Financial Aid Office.

If I drop a class, can I request a refund?

Refunds are subject to the policies and procedures of the college offering the course. For more information, see our refunds page.