The CVC offers a variety of events throughout the year which can be found on our calendar below. If you missed an event, many past events are available on-demand on our YouTube channel. Both self-paced and facilitated courses may be found in our course catalog.
NEW!!! This fall, join the CVC and Online Network of Educators (@ONE) for a professional development series that will prepare you to design and teach more equitable online classes. To learn more visit the Fall into Humanized Online Teaching: A Pathway to Equity's event page.
- This event has passed.
Getting the Most out of Ally
February 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PST
With the California Community Colleges making Ally available to support the system’s commitment to inclusive learning, CVC-OEI and the Blackboard Ally Team are partnering to offer monthly programming to the colleges and districts using Ally. These monthly sessions will highlight best practices for deploying and adopting Ally and will also spotlight use cases directly from CCC institutions on how they are leveraging Ally to promote access and inclusion.
This session will focus on using Ally’s features – Alternative Formats, Instructor Feedback, and the Institutional Report – to their fullest potential. Please join us during the session, where we will discuss the following ways you, your students, and your faculty can maximize the use of Ally:
- Alternative Format Use Case Review (Student focus)
- We will review the uses and benefits of the different Alternative Formats and provide use cases for how different student populations may leverage them in their learning.
- Support Faculty Workflows (Instructor focus)
- We will show how faculty can utilize the Course Accessibility Report to focus accessibility efforts in their courses and to track accessibility progress over time.
- Monitoring Accessibility Progress (Administrator focus)
- We will discuss how this data can be used to understand the current accessibility landscape and to drive accessibility progress going forward.
Meeting link: February 26, 2021 Ally Webinar Link